Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Phew!

Life is insanely busy. Anita and I recently got back from Alabama/Florida where we managed to avoid all of the tornadoes. Thank God. Alex managed to stay safe during all of the horrible storms as well.

Anita and I are now back and I'm happy/relieved to report we found and were approved for a house in Niceville, FL. It was such a stressful week! We did manage to sneak to the beach a few times though and it was MUCH needed. And I'm excited to report we're going to be able to bring both of our pups with us down south, which was a big concern!

And in even more exciting news, Alex and I will be finding out the gender of our baby on Monday and we couldn't be more excited. I may die waiting it out this weekend! We have names picked out no matter which way it goes and we're ready to start calling the little one by name!

Speaking of little one, he/she has been moving around like crazy! At first, I wasn't sure if what I was feeling were baby movements but at this point I'm positive and it's one of the most unusual/special feelings. It seems like every few days the movements get stronger which gives me a sense of comfort and security, knowing baby is getting stronger. Every day it becomes a bit more of a reality that we are going to be "mommy" and "daddy" to this little being in a matter of months. I have to be honest though, it's exhilarating and terrifying all at once.

Alex and I can't wait to finally be united in the same state again. 9 months in Florida will be nice, even though he will have a pretty demanding school schedule.

Rob is flying to NC as we speak to meet Alex and move all of our household items down to the new house. I'm heading down to FL for good in a little over a week. Rach and I are making the trip with the pups and I'm sure it'll be interesting! It's been a stressful few weeks for Alex and I , but we've GREATLY appreciated all the help and support/love we've received from family and friends.
 

Updates will be made once we find out more about Baby Burdge!

No comments:

Post a Comment