Monday, April 18, 2011

Excitement

Hello our dear friends!

I'm still feeling fairly well, fairly regularly and I'm still VERY thankful for that!

Alex, Anita and I have been busy house hunting online for the past week or so and I've got to say I'm not a fan of this task. We've found a few potential homes that meet our "non-negotiables" and our price range, but this process may drive me to insanity! We found the PERFECT starter home for our small, growing family but there is some other person in line ahead of us to rent it. So POOP. It really was ideal, but that just means God has something else in mind for us, huh? :)

Anita and I are prepping ourselves as our trip to Alabama then Florida is fast approaching. We are leaving at the crack of dawn (well, 5am and if you know if me that's an ungodly hour in my world..) Saturday morning so that we can get to Huntsville to see Antoine Dodson...err..I mean..Alex in time for dinner and in time to make it to Carmax to sell my Sentra so we can start paying off our Jeep debt! :)

Alex, being the wonderful husband that he is, spent this past weekend braving the fierce storms of the east so that he could retrieve my new Jeep Patriot from Raleigh, NC. He made it there and back safely thanks to wise driving and God's grace. Thank you Charlie and Lindsay for the lovely new ride. It was already time for an upgrade, as we have to make room for our new little addition which will be here some time in September! And on a side note- my prayers and thoughts go out to everyone who lost someone, was injured or suffered property damage due to the storms of the past weekend. I simply can't believe how hard Fayetteville and surrounding areas were hit. It is weird to grow up in Kansas and never see a tornado and then to have your east coast home be violently attacked by tornadic activity.

Alex is finishing up his last week at the Alabama portion of school and he'll be heading to Eglin AFB within the next few weeks to start the last chunk of his schooling. He's doing GREAT and is really enjoying it. We're both thankful for him to have a career he enjoys and can feel good about.

I'm currently 17 weeks and 3 days along with little baby Burdge. Our next OB appointment is this upcoming Friday. And in what is perhaps more exciting news, we will find out the gender a few short weeks after that appointment. I plan on rampaging target directly after the sonogram to buy my baby a few of his or her first outfits. This child is going to be spoiled beyond belief, it's just unavoidable. :)

Baby shower planning is also in high gear. The event will take place in Kansas in July, but I'm hoping to do something to get my NC friends together at some point. We'll see what we can work out!

Updates will be made WITH pictures once we finish our AL/FL trip and get a sonogram of Baby B! Thanks for checking in on us, friends and family. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment