Monday, July 11, 2011

Way overdue update

Oh my goodness, I apologize for being awful at updating this thing!

Well we're here in Florida. We've been here since May. It's beautiful, but extremely hot and humid (a different humidity than back home in KS). It's hard for a big pregnant woman like me to get out in the heat too much so Alex and I have only been to the beach a handful of times. It's still nice to know that we're only 20 mins from white sandy beaches and rolling oceans though :).

I'm 30 weeks along as of yesterday and more ready than ever to get the little munchkin out! She's growing and constantly moving- making breathing and getting up/down off furniture difficult. lol. Don't take your mobility for granted! She is measuring normal, as am I and she still has a healthy heartbeat (as of my appointment today).

I was recently in Kansas and we had the baby shower. Thank you so much to everyone who was able to come and to everyone who gave baby Spencer something. We love and appreciate everything! We're going to begin the set up process this week, as we'll be getting the rest of her goodies in from the shower. I was only able to stuff the clothes in my luggage! We plan to do some major baby shopping here in a few weeks to get the last of her furniture. Alex has felt her kick and move more often lately, which has been exciting for us both. We can't wait to meet our little girl!

Also- two good friends of mine got married on July 3 and I was very thankful to be a part of their wedding. Congrats Sadie and Dylan! I love you both!

Alex is STILL excelling in school, scoring very high on all assessments and enjoying the things he's learning. I think we're both ready for school to be over with and to get our little family somewhere stable though. We're anxious to find out where the army will send us after Florida....hopefully Ft. Riley :).

Our pups have had a hard adjustment to Florida life. If you've met Beau you know he's a bit on the tubby side, plus his coat is black so the heat really gets to him. It ain't easy being fat. haha. He misses his "other mommy" (Alex's mom) and his girls (the other dogs at the Burdge house). He has no one to boss around except Bella and she doesn't listen well. lol. We recently had to buy a crate for them, which we call their "home" as to not bring back the horrible crate training memories for Beau. Beau had developed a habit of pooping inside as soon as we left and Bella decided to eat the walls of our rental house so now they get to spend time in their home when we're away. They've adjusted surprisingly well though so it was obviously a good move! :)

Life is crazy and we're both pretty tired of me being pregnant. I'm sure we have different reasons..Alex is surely sick of my whining and desire to be waited on by now and I'm tired of having to be rolled off the bed/couch and having my feet look as though they belong to a 400 lb woman. But baby girl still has some more growing to do! Soon enough. :)

I hope this updated everyone well enough! We love and miss you all and can't wait to post pics of Spencer once she gets here!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment