Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First post =)

Hello out there! So, at the suggestion of a friend I've decided keeping a public blog would be a great way for our friends and family to keep up with our crazy life! Most of these posts will probably be updated by me (Mary) but Alex may be allowed to contribute =). So here we go...

First of all thank you to all of you who care enough to keep up with our lives. We appreciate and greatly needed the support we've received in the last 3 years. You've helped us more than you know!

Now on to our current life...
I'm in Kansas, living with Alex's parents in Paola. And I can honestly say I'd choose Paola over Fayetteville any day. I'm thankful for the experiences we had there and the friends we made but I was glad to get the heck out! I'm 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant and have my first official OB appt tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous/excited about that. This pregnancy has been a difficult thing for both Alex and I, as I've been sick for the last 6 weeks. It seems that my mother passed down her horrible morning sickness to me. Thanks mom! =). So since about week 5 I've befriended the nearest toilet and made friends with whatever foods and beverages that are kind enough to stay in my system. Which brings me to my next thought..please forgive me if you haven't seen/heard from me in the last weeks..I've felt so out of it that I barely get out of pajamas. But I'm praying to God that we're rounding out the last bit of time being sick as most women seem to say their sickness faded around week 12. Cross your fingers!!

Baby Burdge is due in mid-late September, so I can look forward to being ginormous on my 25th birthday! yay! haha. In all seriousness though, this is quite the blessing and we certainly didn't expect to conceive so quickly! Of course I'd love a little girl and Alex is hoping for his little boy, but we'd be blessed to have either and we just pray they come out with a clean bill of health! 

  I'll be living in Kansas until the middle of May sometime. At that time Alex and I will be moving to Florida where he will begin EOD training at Eglin AFB. We'll be enjoying the Florida warmth for a little less than a year and aren't quite sure yet where the army will send us post Florida. I vote Kansas or Hawaii ;). Alex is currently in Alabama at a school/training (which is why I'm back home). Keep him and our growing family in your prayers- being apart is never easy! But he does have internet in his room, so keep in touch with him via facebook! I'm sure he'd love to hear from some familiar people.

As of now neither Alex nor I are in school (civilian school, that is). We're taking a little break from it in order to handle everything that has found its way onto our plate this year. It should be a fantastically interesting year.

That's all I can think of at the moment, we'll add more later if anything important comes to mind. Thanks for reading =)!

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment